DIY | Super Easy Turban Headband


I'm not kidding when I say this is a super easy project. In fact, I bet you already have the supplies in your house! Here's what you need:

1. two elastic headbands [the kind you'd wear to the gym]   2. scissors   3. needle    
4. thread   5. ten minutes of your day


First start by cutting one of the headbands along the seam [feel free to clean it up a bit or cut a little bit more off to make it neat]


Take the headband you just cut and loop it through the uncut headband.


Flip the cut headband inside out so the seam is facing up. Sew along the edge [shown by the dotted line in the photo] and then flip it back right-side-in so that you can't see the seam anymore.


Now you have a nice little figure eight looking thing. Make sure the seams of both headbands are towards the inside and there are no wrinkles or folds. Almost done!


Bring the two seams of the headbands together, keeping the headbands nice and flat [no wrinkles]


Now sew those seams together.


Ta-Da!!! You now have a really simple turban headband made out of headbands you probably don't even use all that often. Plus they come in packs of a bajillion so I'm sure you had a few extra laying around like me. I'm really digging these turban headbands. I might make one from scratch with the fabric I made Myk's infinity scarf out of. I'll be sure to document the steps so you can too!

P.S. Don't forget about the giveaway going on right now on Crafted Love! You can enter [here]

6 comments

  1. Love this! Now I need to see if I have any left from before I cut my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the turban! And that's awesome that you're moving to the twin cities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great! i love it on you!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog. have a great weekend. that turban style hair wrap is very cute. I've seen lots of them around...I might need to make one for myself. thanks for telling me how. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison