Spring Cleaning | Tree Branch Jewelry Stand

8:16 AM


Hi guys! Allison Kaye here! It's the last day of March so I'm here to wrap up the Spring Cleaning series with a fun little tutorial that is sure to spruce up your humble abodes :] I hope you've enjoyed all the amazing tutorials and inspiration from all around the blog world. I know I have! But before it all ends let's see that tree branch jewelry stand...


A couple of weeks ago my dad had to take down one of our trees that was a little too close to our house for comfort. At first I was a little sad at the thought of a tree getting cut up but then a lightbulb went off! I have no way of displaying my necklaces and this would be a perfect way to give a little new life to part of the tree! Here's what you'll need...

1. tree branch   2. spray paint   3. wood base [craft stores]
4. sand paper   5. electric drill   4. screw

Start by sanding the edges of each of the branches so it doesn't look so harsh and "cut-like" if that makes any sense.


Trace the bottom of the branch on the center of the wood base


Drill into the wood base until the traced circle is now a hole. Make sure not to drill all the way through though.


Insert the branch into the wood base. Make sure it's level.


Drill a hole slightly smaller than the screw you're going to use through the middle of the base.


Using a screwdriver or electric drill, drill the nail into the center to secure the branch


Take your creation outside and lay on a tarp or trash bag


Spray paint the whole branch and base with one to two coats of paint. Let it dry for a few hours.
Note: It's probably not a good idea to start spray painting when the forecast shows rain. I'm impatient and didn't feel like waiting 3 days so I did it anyway and now have rain drop imprints on my base :] It's actually kind of cool


Voila! Now hang all you necklaces and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Ahhh! I've been meaning to do something like this for a while! Thanks for the tutorial. :)) Very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome is that? coolness thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! This idea is GENIUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! What a great idea! I love your blog btw, this is the first time I've commented (I think - I have a sucky memory).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison