weekend diys | cloud mobile

9:00 AM


This week's DIY is super simple and perfect for brightening up any room or adding to a baby's nursery. It only takes about half an hour and you can doing it while watching a movie. Here's what you need...


1. colored yarn   2. a fork   3. white felt   4. fluff filling    
5. black embroidery thread   6. needle


Cut out two sets of matching felt cloud pieces


Start with the large set and sew around the edges without completely enclosing the cloud


Stuff it with the fluff and finish sewing

 

Then sew the back of the smaller cloud to the larger cloud so that you won't be able to see the attachment after you finish


Follow the steps for the first cloud and sew/stuff the smaller cloud

Follow the steps from my Pom Pom Garland tutorial and make small poms by wrapping the yarn around a fork. Make a total of 8 pom poms


Using embroidery thread, thread the pom poms in strands from the clouds.


Attach a loop at the top of the clouds for hanging purposes.


Hang somewhere and enjoy!!!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. My Best Friend JulesJanuary 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

    This is the cutest thing ever! Such a great DIY project! :) My sister is having a baby soon, so this would be a prefect little gift for her! Thanks for sharing!
    xxx mervi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is really cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!! so stinking cute :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison you are just too cute. I heart this DYI

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen anyone use a fork to make a pom-pom before. That's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I may just have to make this for my craft room as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh this is really cute!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! And I love this too!! So wonderufl! I might just make one for my bedroom! Thanks doll for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison