finally an end to this email address madness!

6:06 PM


This whole email situation has been so annoying! I started off with having Crafted Love's email through Gmail. I love Gmail. It's the best. But it was just too annoying to have to log out of my work/home account [which is also through Gmail] and log back in to view Crafted Love emails. It was also not working having the two accounts linked because sometimes I would go to reply to a Crafted Love email from my phone and it would send from my home address by default. Annoying!

So I switched Crafted Love over to Yahoo Mail. Even bigger annoyance. Yahoo mail is no where close to being up to par with Google Mail. I hated the over all feel of the main page where you view your emails. I hated the way you couldn't change the look. And I hated the fact that you had to pay money to be able to get the POP/IMAP addresses needed to link your mail to Apple Mail on my desktop. Not cool, Yahoo. Not cool.

I switched BACK to Gmail and changed all the links on my blog. But then I realized that I also could forward mail from Yahoo without paying either. That was the final straw.

I had been juggling the idea of purchasing email services for my domain name and this whole mess was what finally pushed me to do it. Turns out, since I recently bought the domain allisonkaye.com for my online portfolio, I was able to get FREE email for one of my domains! Score!!!

Sooooo, to wrap all this up... Crafted Love will now be run under the email info[at]craftedlove.com! I'll still check Yahoo from time to time for stray emails since I can't do forwarding. But if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to say hi you can email me at my new address!

There are still spots left for May sponsorship so if you'd like more info or would like to reserve your spot for May you can email me at my new address and get things set up! May is going to be an exciting month here on Crafted Love... I'd love for you to be a part of it!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds like such a crazy mess. Glad to see you got it all figured out though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad yu got it all squared out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison