constructing the perfect housewarming gift...

Mike and my friends just bought a house recently and we went over the other day to celebrate with them. I looooove giving gifts and we couldn't think of a better reason to give a gift than for a housewarming present. So Mike and I rounded up a bunch of things you might not think to pack/buy for be a new move and new home.


I thought I'd document what we bought in case someone else in the blogosphere knows someone making a big move. 

1. a giant bow... we found a sweet matte black one at Target. Score.
2. novelty pint glasses... Simpsons for the man of the house :]
3. a surge protector... you can never have enough of these
4. Goo-Gone... for all those sticky situations
5. Command strips... for hanging random things without nails
6. surface protectors... for your cabinets, for behind you pictures, for anywhere
7. Gorilla Glue... for when Elmer's just isn't enough :]
8. a scented candle... self explanitory
9. picture hanging kit... keep those nails and hangy-things organized!
10. a magic eraser... it really is magical
11. a giant serving bowl... for all those future parties


Throw it all together in your fancy serving bowl with a bow on top and you have a cute housewarming gift basket! Our friends loved it. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them. We ended up chopping up this huge brush pile they had in their back yard for our bonfire. The pile was huge and by 10pm there was nothing left. For some reason, yard work at night with friends just doesn't feel like work :] We ended the night shooting cheese puffs into our mouths like basketball. Yeah, you know you've done it...

After we left I officially had house fever... I want to buy a house so badly now. I love the idea of having a place to renovate. Heck, I love the idea of living some place longer than a year. But, my apartment days aren't over for another 5+ years and that's ok with me! Minneapolis will make me forget about my house fever until it's time to settle down and start a family.

Can you think of anything we forgot in our basket? What are some things you completely forgot to have when you moved into your house?

2 comments

  1. What an AWESOME idea! I'm bookmarking this so I can refer back to it when one of my friends move again!

    <3LJ
    http://littlemisslj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison