happy halloween eve!!!

Tomorrow is Halloween! Woah! I can't believe October is almost over! I'm sad to say, with the craziness of classes and projects, I wasn't able to do any of the fun Fall things we had planned. I'll just have to look forward to next year when I'm a new graduate :] I did however, have a kick-butt costume and I just wanted to share. 

My girl friends and I decided that for senior year, we wanted to do a group costume. We came together and brainstormed and we decided that we wanted to be different holidays. Now, of course with red hair, everyone thought I should do St Patties day. But I didn't want to go for the easy holiday. Instead, I chose Dia de los Muertos [Day of The Dead] I've painted on many things... canvas, water color, walls, even random figurines and objects. But I can't say I'd ever painted on a face before. It was definitely interesting.


I was pretty proud of myself. Mike and I went to a Halloween party last weekend and his dad actually did out makeup. Compared to his, my makeup was super messy. The line work was making me obsessive and I almost started over 5 times. But in the end, after I stepped back and looked at the costume as a whole, I was so excited!

After last year's awesome costume, I have decided that I'm never buying a costume from a store. It's much more fun to create one yourself. I made the headband from silk roses from the craft store and just hot glued them to a headband I had laying around.


The best part about my make, I thought, was the fact that I never had to smile for pictures because I was always smiling haha. I got a ton of compliments and got stopped by a bunch of people who told me I looked really scary. Not exactly what I was going for, but a compliment none the less.


From top left... Dia de lod Muertos, Memorial Day, Arbor Day, Easter, Valentine's Day, Independence Day, and Cinco de Mayo. Our Chirstmas was sick unfortunately but I think we looked pretty cool. What are you guys dressing up as this year?

2 comments

  1. Ooh, this is awesome!  I love your make-up, that's such a cool idea to go as different holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison