making time to draw...

I realized the other day I used to draw all the time. Any piece of scrap paper I would find would end up covered in my doodles. I'm sad to say I very rarely draw these days and I really want to change that. This Film & Mixed media class has shown me that I need to get back into the other arts that I love so much and not just graphic design. 

Well I'm in the process of opening up a shop of sorts... no, it's not my Etsy shop. Unfortunately, that is going to have to wait a little longer before I relaunch. But when it came to designing a store front, I decided to go back to the basics and get out my sketchbook :] 


I decided to go hybrid with this one and scanned it into Illustrator to shade. I had a lot of fun. It was a nice break from my usual designs and I can't wait to incorporate it into my "shop" which you should hear more about in the coming weeks. Until then, I think I will be caring my sketchpad with me more often so I can draw whenever. I love it! I just need to start drawing anything and everything! Any suggestions???

4 comments

  1. I have been wanting to draw more lately too. I found this flickr group inspiring- maybe you will as well :)  http://www.flickr.com/groups/dailyanimaldoodles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! I always draw hands when I am stuck for a bit of inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super pretty. I need to draw more too. I used to do it all the time and now, it just doesn't happen. My mom bought me a book called 642 Things to Draw and I haven't so much as opened it. Good Luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you can find some measures worth taking that help the
    issue and have approval while on an unsecured loan greatly
    too 0ab.fr for those that have not tried applying with an car loans, the
    duty might be quite daunting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison