operation: empty the fridge

9:00 AM

Just like the post title says,my fridge really needed to be cleaned up a bit. I really wanted to make a meal out of stuff I already had so I got to brain storming. Honestly, I'm pretty proud of myself because I only had to buy one thing to make this meal. Everything else was either in my fridge or pantry.

So in my fridge/freezer I had half a bag of Tyson grilled chicken strips (I actually don't buy Tyson brand anymore because of a documentary I watched called, "Food Inc." you should check it out), two eggs, hoison sauce, plum sauce, sweet chili pepper sauce, and linguine/spaghetti. I bought some fresh broccoli to add some veggies to the mix. Total cost for the meal? Two bucks.


I grilled up the chicken to warm it, fried up the eggs, and boiled the pasta and broccoli together. Then I took the sauces and just mixed them together in equal parts to taste [a recipe my mom taught me]. Threw it all together in a wok and schazam! Some kick-butt stir fry.


It was soooo good. Mike loved it. I'm pretty proud of myself [I think I said that already]. I think I would even consider this part of my foodie challenge since it was the first time I did something without a written recipe from a book or online. Yay!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. i've seen food, inc!  we only buy organic/free range chicken and i cut red meat out of my diet completely unless its free range.  Its really scary and sad what goes into food and what they do to those poor animals.  Plus we have two daughters I have to think about!
    and that meal looks easy and its so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! I periodically clean my fridge the same way!
    Xo

    http://beingzhenya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food Inc is no completely truthful!  It's completely one sided, look up the facts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison