keep me honest guys...

5:04 PM


I used to be a great runner. Not a track star, but my endurance was great. From softball to my morning workouts, I could certainly hold my own on a track. Now? Not so much. I can go for hours on an elliptical machine at the gym but when it comes to running these days I'm a total wimp. That needs to change. Why, you ask? Well I am in the process of signing up for a 5K for the local animal shelter my Aunt runs. I've been told the best way to motivate yourself is to just sign up for a race/run. So I am.

I plan on using the Couch to 5K iPhone app program to ease myself into running nonstop, because let's be honest, there's no way I can just start running. This is going to be pitiful. I plan on somehow showing my progress on here, thought I'm not totally sure just yet. The program is a set amount of running and walking each time and you do it three times a week. Maybe it will just be a few Instagram photos pre-run and a snap shot of my progress. I'm not sure. Do you guys have any tips on how to make running more manageable? I've heard a banana shortly before a run helps with cramps. Who knew.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison