Handmade Holidays | Inspire Me Naturally

9:05 AM

Hello there!!! I'm Karlie, graphic designer and photographer from Minnesota. Inspire Me is my little bit of the blog world dedicated to all things inspiring. It is a collection of photography, graphic design, recipes, DIY projects, and much more. Stop on by and check it out! 


I love taking photos. For Christmas I wanted to give my Ma some of my photos printed on canvas but after looking at the prices it was something that just isn't in my budget. So after some thinking, I thought of a great alternative. It's super simple and inexpensive! Great for a holiday gift. You will need: 8x10 Photo printed on regular copy paper 8x10 Canvas Modge Podge Sponge paintbrush Ruler Exacto Knife Cutting Mat 


1. Start by trimming your photo to fit the top of your canvas. 


2. Modge Podge the canvas with a liberal amount. Line up your photo starting at the bottom of the canvas and gently press into canvas surface.

3. Once the photo is in place apply a thin layer of Modge Podge over the top of your photo. If your photo starts to bubble try and smooth them out the best you can. Make sure if you have any paper hanging off the edges you glue it down to the side of the canvas.
4. Place your new photo canvas in a place to dry! Then wrap that sucker up and put a bow on it. 


How easy was that?! Thanks for reading! Happy Holidays!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Why do you put the Mod Podge on the face of the photo too? Does that make it glossy? I always thought that was only used as a sort of glue. *craft newb*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison