12 Projects in 2012... planning stages

8:00 AM


Ok guys... I'm really surprised how many projects I've actually gotten done this early in the year. While this isn't a finished 12 Projects post, I thought I'd share some plans for my next project... quilting. This is a big one guys.


Seriously, I'm so excited and nervous about this project. I've made a picnic blanket similar to this one before, but this time, I will be quilting the top layer. I love the fabric. I got it from fabricshoppe on Etsy. 


I love the patterns! The scissor one is especially adorable. They're from the Half Moon Modern collection by Moda. I've already cut it into 8 inch squares. I need to get a few more patterns but my next step is sewing them all together! I'm debating on whether or not to do traditional quilting or try this free motion quilting tutorial from Lella Boutique. It's a little intimidating but I think it would look adorable with this blanket.

I can't tell you how excited I am to start making this baby. It's going to be a labor of love for sure. But when I'm done and able to lay out on it this Spring I will be one happy camper :]

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am SO excited to see how it turns out! It looks like it's going to be so pretty. The color scheme is my favorite. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main reason behind this really is securing low timely repayments scheme that may help them to to meet
    other liabilities and responsibilities as well as paying for your
    car loan pay day loans uk here is a fast and unbiased review of their online banking interface and customer satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison