DIY | Toiletry Wrap


I was perusing around Pinterest like usual and found a picture of this project. I knew I had to do it. How many of your just throw your toothbrush into a ziplock bag when you're packing to go off somewhere? I know the baggie is clean, but I have to be honest, I find it pretty gross whenever I do it. This toiletry bag is not only easy to make, but easily thrown into the wash to clean up!


You probably have a random hand towel laying around your house that would work for this project but I chose to buy a new one. You'll find out why later. Other than the hand towel, you'll just need some ribbon and a sewing machine. You could hand sew this project as well. I just don't have the patience :]


Step One: Cut the hand towel in half. You can make two of these total... or just practice on the first one. Totally up to you!  Step Two: Fold the rough edge over and pin it.  Step Three: Zig-zag stitch the edge so the towel won't fray.  Step Four: Fold the towel over and measure with a toothbrush to get the perfect pocket size for your toiletry wrap.  Step Five: Cut about 2-2.5 feet of ribbon and zig-zag stitch the end so it doesn't fray either.  Step Six: Fold the ribbon in half and pin into the fold of the towel.  Step Seven: Using a straight stitch, sew up the sides and then sew pockets for two toothbrushes and toothpaste. Roll it up and you're done!


Terrified of working a sewing machine but would still want one of these guys? Like I said before, this project makes TWO toiletry wraps and I'm giving away one!


If you'd like to win one of these wraps, all you have to do is be a follower of this blog and leave a comment with your email on this post! That's it! I'll announce a winner later this week. Good luck!

1 comment

  1. These are adorable. I am making 10 of these for my daughter's sleep-over birthday party as party favors. Thanks for the GREAT idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison