the last of the firsts...




Today is the last "first day of class" I will ever have. It's a pretty crazy thing to think about. For the past 17 years of my life I have been in some sort of school. And this, my friends, is my last semester ever. Part of me is SO ready to be done with school and out in the real world. The other part of me is really going to miss my life here. Having my friends just a walk away, always having something to do, buying fun notebooks for taking notes [well, at least for the first week], and riding my bike around Oxford. As a design student, my schedule has been about the same each semester. I've always had my studio class on MWF along with about 3 other classes. My Tuesdays and Thursdays were always really sparse when it came to classes. I normally only have one architecture class. This semester, however, is completely different since I am just finishing up my architecture degree and taking electives. I think that makes this last semester hit even harder for me. My only class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is my 4 hour studio class. I work all day other than that. And then my Tuesday/Thursdays are jam packed with class and work. Grant it, one of those classes is a weight training class just for fun, I'm just not used to have in my MWF free and TR so busy. I'm working 20 hours as well and still get off every day by 5pm. Other than a momentary freakout when I realized I signed up for a class at one of Miami's regional campuses, an hour away [I fixed that, no worries], I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. So to all my blog and RL pals graduating this Spring, cheers. Let's make this a good one!

No comments

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison