12 Projects in 2012 | Quilting


I finished! Well first off, I found out that what I did was really more of patchwork than quilting, but it's exactly what I wanted so I'm marking off quilting from my list! If you missed it, you can check out my process work over here. This was a labor of love and took a combined 5-6 hours to complete over the span of three days. I am pretty proud of my very first patchwork attempt. Everything went so smoothly!



Dealing with the binding was probably the most time consuming and frustrating part of all. I did learn how to diagonally connect binding pieces so that they come together smoothly in the end. I was extra proud of myself on that front. I attached matching ties to the binding like I did with my last picnic blanket.


The oilcloth base is a perfect addition and matches so well with the overall design. I am absolutely in love with this blanket. It finally snowed here in Ohio so I wasn't able to take it outside for photographs or to test it out. I'm still holding out hope that we will get a decent winter here so that I can go use my ski passes. But I am so excited to use this picnic blanket this summer!

I thought about offering these picnic quilts up in my shop along with the ones I made last year. Not this specific one since I'm so in love with it, but as a custom listing that you can change to your personal taste. It took a lot to make so I'd have to think about the price but would that be something you would be interested in? Let me know!

1 comment

  1. this looks so wonderful! you're so talented! i need to learn how to sew like you!

    drop by allister bee soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison