Our Wedding | The Drink Table



In traditional picnic fashion, we decided to go with Mason Jars for our glasses for the night. We wrapped over 100 jars with twine and bought a cute handled set for the bride and groom. Oddly enough, someone ended up taking our glasses before we got there so we never got to drink from them. Oh well :] We were too busy chatting to drink or eat anything anyway.

Mike and I really wanted this wedding reception to be one that people remembered for a long time so every little detail was important to us. We decided to have a mixed drink station in addition to the copious amounts of beer and wine we bought :] You can never have enough beer at a wedding, my friends. We wanted to stick to drinks that either went with our color scheme or were neutral tones as to not take away from the green and yellow. We decided to go with Margarita, Strabasilade (a concoction Mike and I created a while back with lemonade, strawberries, gin, and basil), White Peach Sangria, Lemonade, Sweet Tea, and Cucumber Water.


[all photos shot by Melanie Reller and Carlotta Piastrelli ]

We made sure to make extra and keep them in milk jugs we had washed and been saving up for weeks. I kid you not, though, not 15 minutes after we walked in and were introduced to the party, the mixed drinks were completely gone. The Strabasilade was a huge hit, though, I didn't get to enjoy any of it :-P

If you missed my bridal bouquet and how to make one yourself, go check it out! P.S. did you know, today is our one month marriage anniversary!



4 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I'm getting married next summer and this looks super super similar to how I envision our beverage table. SO in love with those carnival straws.
    Nicely done!
    Trish
    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! We are wanting to do mason jars, but my parents are skeptical! Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Looks adorable.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe someone stole your cups! Scoundrels!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison