On Kindness...

8:30 AM

There’s something about the holidays that just brings out the best in people. Do you know what I mean? Maybe it’s the twinkling lights, thoughts of loved ones, or the cold making us want to feel closer to people. I can’t help but feel just a little extra cheery at the end of the year.
Like I’ve mentioned before, I love my job working for Sogeti USA. Not only is it a great company to work for, it’s a very giving company as well. This year, I had the opportunity to join in on the fun as we, and other companies in our complex, made and packed 300 sandwiches, 150 lunches, and wrapped tons of books for a local homeless shelter.



We all came together and got this all done in under an hour. It was amazing. But the kindness doesn’t stop there! My Director of Marketing, Kelly (there in the center of the bottom photo) decided to go beyond our company charity and start up her 30 Day Challenge. Throughout her challenge, Kelly completes small random acts of kindness that frequently, cost no money at all. Whether it’s visiting a lonely woman in an assisted living center, giving a randomman at Skyline a $5 gift card to help pay for his meal, or giving away DVDs forfree so others could enjoy, Kelly’s acts of kindness are extremely inspiring.
If you are one of those people, like me, that think there is still good in the world, I think you should put Kelly’s blog in your subscriptions list. It is a weekly reminder that all the world needs is a few more smiles and a little kindness.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison