Panini Party!


One of my favorite things in the world are Panini sandwiches. I know a few posts ago I said my wok is my favorite thing in our kitchen, but I was wrong. While it is a close second, my wok can never beat my Panini grill. There’s just something about that amazing press that turns a grilled sandwich into a work of art. I don’t care what you put on it, after it’s sat there on the grill for a few minutes and infused together, you could feed me almost anything and I’d think it was amazing.

Paninis are an extremely popular thing in our house as well as back home at my parents’. Many Sunday dinners consisted of these fantastic melted sandwiches so we decided to get a little crafty one night and expand our Panini horizons. Typically, we stick to the basics... turkey, ham, mayo, tomato, etc. We wanted to try some new combinations this time so I threw together a little DIY Panini station. Check out the fun after the jump...


Some of the ingredients we chose to have were an array of cheeses, turkey, ham, pepperoni, salami, caramelized onions, apple slices, cranberry jelly, bacon, spinach, and a few different sauces/spreads.


What we came up with was pretty magical, if I do say so myself. I grilled up one of each different Panini (and of course gave them odd names) and cut it into fourths so everyone could try each combo. If I had to pick a favorite it would have to be the cranberry/apple/turkey/brie panini we made. It almost tasted like dessert!


 Are there any other fans of panini sandwiches out there? If you haven't tried one, you need to!

7 comments

  1. It was fantastic! And yay for little girls :) I always thought I wanted all boys but as I get older I'm realizing having a little crafty daughter would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right. I live in a house full of men (aside from our animals, which are girls). That's my son and fiance, my father-in-law and 25 year old brother. So you can definitely see I want a girl next, just so I can be all girly with SOMEONE in this house. haha

    I love my son though, despite how many men live here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just got the breville press and love it. I love all of these inspiration pics, we did a skirt steak and pickled onions a few nights ago. hearty, but yum!

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family does something similar to this whenever we get together, I love it so much! This all looks so yummy! :)

    -Sarah

    http://sarahvonspook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I LOVE Panini's. I'd LOVE to try the last one because lately I've gotten into a cranberry kick since we've been trying. I want a girl after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like to make thanksgiving dinner style panini's as well as cheese, broccoli raab sauted with garlic prior YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds delicious! I love how experimental you can be with panini sandwiches and they always taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison