Project Life | Week One

1:37 PM

I did it! I started a Project Life album! I must say, I don't know why I waited so long! Technically this album won't be a full year (I started the last week in February) but I'll try not to let that bother me. Better late than never, as they always say.


I started by buying the basics. Elise's Seafoam binder and a set of pocket page inserts. I love the mint green "seafoam" color binder. It's so bright and cheery! Emerald is also the Pantone color of the year so I felt it was only right to choose a green colored binder. That, and I love Elise Cripe's Project Life set.


For the cover of 2013, I decided to use one big photo instead of different card inserts. I took one of my favorite Instagram photos and added the "2013" in Photoshop. Then I used the splice tool and cut out six 4x6 sections and printed them on my home printer from the photo tray. Then I took the middle two 4x6 prints and cut them in half by hand (middle column), rounded all the corners, inserted them, and boom! Awesome cover time.


I thought about buying Elise's Seafoam paper kit but decided not to spend the extra dough this early on. I'm sure I'll buy some later on and even branch out into different sets. For now though, I put my graphic design skills to work and created a set of my own. Mike made fun of my color choices at first. Can use guess what they were? My first go-around included the always predictable teal, grey, and black. Real original, Allison. So I started over with some colors I don't normally use. It took a turn towards floral and I have to say, I think I love it!


What happened this week? We brought our foster, Chef, home || Chef was on TV! || I tried out my new camera at my brother's basketball games || the kitties soaked up some rays || we copied Outback Steakhouse to save some mulaa || Ohio had it's (hopefully) last big snow || we outfitted our home for St Patties Day || and the blurred out picture is just some personal family fun that I didn't feel like displaying on the blog.

Supplies used: Seafoam Project Life Binder || Design D Pocket Pages || Design F Pocket Pages || Crafted Love Floral insert cards (I will be sharing more information about these soon if anyone is interested)

I didn't use very many supplies this week since I'm just getting started but I plan on mixing things up soon and getting some more card sets. Does anyone have any favorites or suggestions? If there are any readers that are also Project Lifers, I'd love for you to leave a link if you share it on your blog!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm interested in the floral card inserts! and it looks so good :)

    I'm thinking about starting, maybe after the wedding, so to start our first year as a married couple!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This text is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out more?

    Also visit my blog post :: christian louboutin wedges

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo!
    looks good.
    i still dont have my cover page done ; but im caught up otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great - I want to start one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your title page and the colors you're using. This is my first year doing project life too. I share it on my blog as well. New follower! http://mrscraftyadams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison