Designed | A Very Colorful Christmas

9:00 AM

We mailed our Christmas cards yesterday so I figured it was okay to blog about it since most of them have probably made it to their mailboxes by now. I think it's going to be a new challenge every year to out-do the previous year. Last year I designed simple cards with a wedding photo. This year I went one step above and made the envelopes by hand as well. In fact, I may have designed the cards to match the envelopes. Yeah- I'm that crazy.


This year we also added one more person (and three animals) to the cards. Mike's brother, Jon Luc, currently lives with us so we thought it'd be funny to all hold an animal. Jon happens to be 6'7" so we thought it'd be even funnier to make him hold the tiniest fur ball, Talia. And in typical Mike & Allison style, I designed them with a bit of a comic book feel. I'm in love. I don't know how I could out-do this next year. They look so cool with the envelopes.



To finish them all up, I printed out wrap-around labels in coordinating colors. There was no way I'd be able to write on the patterned envelopes and it be legible. Plus I'd rather type out 75 addresses that write them. Can you say major hand crampage?

I love these cards so much I was almost sad to put them in the mailbox. I'd be perfectly content leaving them in a pile on my desk all year. I told you I'm crazy. Anyone else have fun Holiday cards you want to share? I'd love to see!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love your cards!!! I'm almost jealous, but I love the ones you designed for me too! hahaha

    When my husband picks up the right label paper, I'm putting the addresses and sending them out, then I will post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison