Key West | As Told By Instagram

Let's not even get into how long it's been since I last blogged. Let's just let that one slide... but unless I explain a little background to this post, you might be thinking "What the heck, when did you go to Key West?" Well, I shall tell you.



Back in January I found out I was nominated for my company's "Elite Club" which is pretty much the top 100 people in the whole company. I was extremely honored to be chosen for this as, not only was it for my very first year with the company, we also have thousands of employees in the US. Not only do you get a schnazzy award to put on your desk for this honor, the company also sends you and your family on vacation with the other Elite Club members! The location changes every year and this year, you guessed it, was Key West, Florida. Talk about a dream.

So at the end of February Mike and I packed up our suitcases, said farewell to Ohio's single-digit weather, and hopped on a plane to the Keys.




We stayed at the Casa Marina Resort which was amazing, to say the least. The very first thing we did when we arrived was throw on our swimsuits and run out to lounge on the beach. We had to keep reminding ourselves that it was February. It was in the 70's while we were there!



 



It doesn't matter where we go, we always end up renting bikes to get around. It's the best! Key West is already an extremely bike-friendly area so it was perfect for us. We rode up and down Duval street and ate at some pretty amazing places. I of course had to get my crab fix so we stopped in at Pincher's Crab Shack for some crab claws. Interesting. Not my normal crab legs but crab legs aren't exactly indigenous to Key West anyway.

One of my favorite things about Duval street was probably how anytime you were at a restaurant and you were finishing up, instead of having to rush through the rest of your beer, the waiter/waitress would ask if you'd like a to-go cup. What???? Yeah, we used that to our advantage for sure. Strolling down the sidewalk (while pushing our bikes of course) with a beer in your hand... that's the life.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. I have more photos to show in another post but for now it's making me a little depressed thinking about Key West when it's supposed to snow this week :-P 

1 comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison