The Comeback Tour



Blogging and I have had a love-hate relationship over the past few years--I don't think that's hard to see. I used to love blogging. It was my creative outlet and how I shared my love of design, DIY, and adventure with the world. But then something changed and it wasn't fun any more. Blogging started to feel like a chore.

I would sit at my desk with a notepad just trying to think of DIYs I could do so that I could post them. And of course, thanks to Pinterest, nothing is original anymore so I felt that stress as well. I worried about posting non-DIY/design things and whether I would lose followers if I posted too much about my dogs, gardening, recipes, etc. I saw other blogs who had sponsors or sidebar ads and felt like I, too, should be making money off of something that started out as a hobby.

I've seen blogs that started out tiny as one of my sponsors, far surpass me in "popularity" and numbers. And let me tell you, my closet-competitive crazy side certainly didn't take that well at first. But after much thought, procrastination, and blog-neglect, I've come to a conclusion.

Who Cares?

Seriously. Why on earth do I care? Blogging should be fun--not a job. At least for me. I know others actually maintain a blog as a major part of their business/income. And that's great for them if they enjoy it. You go, Glen Coco. But for me, my blog was similar to a diary. Just a very public, mostly crafty diary. Sometimes it's just nice to write things out to look back on.

So here it is. My comeback tour--as Mike has been calling it. I miss you, Crafted Love. I should have never left you all cold, lonely, and dust-covered for so long. But some things just need to change for this relationship to continue being awesomesauce.

Numero Uno: No more ads. No more sponsors. No more product reviews. No more paid posts. NO MORE. 
It's not good for them, it's not good for us. Now when I post, it's because I want to. Not because I need to hit some monthly quota or get a certain number of views.

Number Two: it's time to write about what *I* want to write about, when I want to write about it.
If I want to write about an awesome dinner I made? Imma do it. If I want to talk about my gardening adventures and woes, prepare for an overload on veggies. And definitely get ready for a blog post for each of our new fosters. Because who doesn't love seeing squishy, fluffy dog faces?

There also might be some fluctuation on frequency of posts. Some weeks I might have a post every day. Others, I might only have one or two things to say. Sometimes i just don't feel like talking. It happens. But the benefit of all this is, whenever I do post something, you know it's going to be good. Not fluff.

Number Three: Ok, there is no number three.
I'll just leave you with this adorable picture of our two current fosters, Bentley, and Petey (who was slightly doped up on post-neuter pain killers in this picture). Everybody now, "AWWWWWWWWWW".



No comments

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to know what you think!
-Allison