The Ultimate Workout Playlist10:48 AM
Are you like me and absolutely need specific workout songs in your playlist to exercise? Some people love the silence and to get lost in their head as they run or lift weights. That's just not me. And to take it a step further, I will unknowingly change my pace depending on the speed/tempo of a song. So... being the nerd that I am, I compiled a different playlist for the different workouts I do during the week. And as they say--sharing is caring--so here you go!
The "Run Like Zombies Are Chasing You" Playlist
(Higher BPM for higher RPM)
- Red Cup - Katy Tiz
- Something New (Robin Schulz Remix) - Axwell**
- Work B*tch - Brittney Spears
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
- Booty - Jennifer Lopex ft. Pitbull
- Delirious - Steve Aoki & Chirs Lake & Tujamo
- Beautiful World - Blasterjaxx**
- Wanna Get Better - Bleachers
- Hey Mama - David Guetta, Nicki Minaj, Afrojack
- We Come Running - Youngblood Hawke**
- Turn Down For What - DJ Snake & Lil Jon
**these songs have slower parts which is great for dropping your heart rate and bringing it back up when the music picks back up. Consider them your HIIT songs :)
The "Squat/Lift Like Charlie Hunnam is Watching" Playlist
(Not as fast, but powerful songs to make the lioness inside break free)
- Ugly Heart - G.R.L.
- Bad Girls - M.I.A.
- Blank Space - Taylor Swift
- Roar - Katy Perry
- Fancy - Iggy Azalea
- Hot Like Sauce - Pretty Lights
- Ghost - Ella Henderson
The "Phew...That Was One Kick-@$$ Workout" Playlist
(Songs for your post workout stretch/cool down)
- Superheroes - The Script
- 500 Miles - Jefr Tale
- All Of Me (Tiesto Remix) - John Legend
- Royals - Lorde
- Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
- Fader - The Temper Trap
- Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
Check out these workout songs. I promise you won't be disappointed. Well, unless you have a strong dislike for EDM, Hip-hop, or R&B. In which case, just skip this post :) Hopefully, though, these songs will at least be some motivation to get out there and get fit and healthy.
Do you have any workout songs you can't exercise without? I'd love to hear them!